Burn the Evidence [Balthasar/Daechir]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Burn the Evidence [Balthasar/Daechir]

Post by Balthasar on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:53 pm

The sun is falling down the horizon from what Balthasar can see of the small window in front of him and next to him, another elf that was gritting his teeth. Between them was a table with cards and coins on it and it was clear to the others in the small room that Balthasar's hand triumphed in their little game.

Two bandit leaders sitting in a little hideout house in the middle of nowhere with some of their men gathering behind their respective leaders to witness their duel of luck. Balthasar won two out of three matches which meant he won it all and the other elf was defeated, honour broken. With a slight huff, Balthasar rose from his seat and pushed all the coins on the table into a satchel then went around the crowd to collect coin from those who bet against him. His followers never bet against him of course, they believed he was the luckiest sort of being alive and that somehow, even his charisma had charmed Lady Luck to his side.

The loser slumped in his seat, teeth gently grinding, knuckles white with how tightly his fists were clenched. His fine lips curl into a pout as he looked to the winner,
"you've wounded my pride and honour." Balthasar shrugged, they knew what was on the table to be won and to be lost but took the chance. It's not his fault that Fortune favoured him over the other and so, his conscience is free of guilt and pity.

"You've wounded me gravely," the voice came again as the other rose to his feet, nimbly making his way to become an obstacle in front of Balthasar. He is stopped by Poppy who growls and snarls, her teeth flashing at him and such a display earns her a pet from her master. "If you cannot walk the walk and talk the talk, then you are a poor leader." The other elf inhales deeply and already, he's losing some of his men to Balthasar. They can see the autumn-haired elf with an eyepatch for what he is; strong, courageous, adventurous, and loyal. Whatever coin Balthasar gathered inside the satchel, he began to split with his merry band of outcasts.

Poppy follows him as he made his way around, laying a few coin in the hands of his loyal apprentices and full-fledged thieves before again, the voice pipes up. It beings to sound like sandpaper against his ears, harsh and annoying,
"repay me. I won't ask for much." Balthasar's one good eye twitches in response as his men start to get restless and rowdy with the demands of the loser, "repay me with your body. That must be simple, yes?"

A hand rose to rub the tanned temples of Balthasar's skin as he cracked his neck, holding out his hands to the other, "do you see these rings? I am spoken for and unless you wish to deal with all ten of them, I suggest to learn to stitch the lip." Ten, what a jest! Everyone working for Balthasar knew he only had love for one being but the wrath of Daechir, as his followers knew him, could probably equal to that of ten or more elves. "They don't have to know," the voice slyly rolled out from thin parted lips, hands on Balthasar's shoulders.

"You shouldn't have done that."
Balthasar

View user profile http://deathfade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Burn the Evidence [Balthasar/Daechir]

Post by Daechir on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Occasionally when Balthasar went out, not every time, but quite often and perhaps more than even Balthasar was aware; Daed followed. Actually Daed suspected that Balthasar was aware of his presence quite often, which amused him on a number of levels since the other man never called him out on it. Perhaps he appreciated the silent company, or the idea that Daed could not resist him. That was of course the main reason Daechir did it.]

He enjoyed watching Balthasar among his men; their men. Watching his auburn-haired love winning money from other's in games of chance with ease. Daed did not even need to intervene on Balthasar's behalf. Even he thought sometimes that Lady Luck had been as drawn to his Balthasar. Lured in by his charisma, and the other charms that only those closest to Balthasar knew him for; and loved him for.

It came to no surprise to him that Balthasar beat the other elf handily. He watched the other man grow irritated with his loss, trying to think of some way to regain his lost 'honor'. From what Daed could tell this elf had never had any honor to begin with. Demanding that Balthasar trade his body in recompense?

A smile slid across his features at Balthasar's words, that he had ten lovers with a claim upon him. His smile faded the moment that the other man laid his hands upon Balthasar's shoulders. Daed moved through the shadows that had concealed him until this moment. Appearing with glowing red eyes behind Balthasar and wrapping one hand smoothly around the waist of this man that he loved so. The other slid over the other man's possessive fingers.

"Ten Balthasar?" His deep voice purred forth from the darkness near Balthasar's ear, the other elf blinking in surprise at Daed's sudden appearance. "You flatter me."

His fingers slid over that man's fingers. "Did he suggest that you pay him with my body?" His voice was casual, as was his touch, but there was something in his red eyes that was just a little harder.

Last edited by Daechir on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:45 pm

"Ten!" Balthasar laughed as Daed's hand lay on waist, "heart, hair, body, soul, lips, well the list goes on but all parts of you and your entirety lay claim to me..do they not?" His head turned gently to look at Daed as he sneaks a quick kiss from the other elf.

The other elf is confused, hands withdrawing slowly but now concerned about the shadows that may or may not lurk within the room.
"Let's get going, boys..." His feet inch back towards the door, his gang following until they hear the growl of Poppy there. She is large and angry in a defensive stance guarding the door; the losers will not leave without first trying to get past her. Balthasar's men have already moved to cover the window as they await the word of their leader.

"Let's not talk about what he wants, love. What do you want, my dearest?" Balthasar's skin felt a little hot as he blew some smoke out from his nose; ready to just blow fire all over the thorn in his side.
Balthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daechir on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 am

The other elf slipped away as if Daed's touch, or perhaps merely his his presence had made the other man uncomfortable. Balthasar's skin was warming up. Daed could feel it even through his thick coat, much warmer where Daed's fingers touched lightly upon his skin. Balthasar's words drew a dark chuckle from Daechir, a sound that was so musical that it seemed to demand accompaniment. "Indeed, you do not have enough fingers to count the ways."

Daechir's red eyes lit upon the elf backing away from them, the man stopped when Poppy growled at him. The golden wolf voiced her own opinion on the thought. No... There was no way that they could let this man leave with an insult like that still echoing in the air.

"Insults must be repaid in kind." He smiled with a flash of white teeth, sliding just a little around Balthasar's body. "I warn you all that if you step outside there is a creature out there that will not appreciate your company. If you run, we will hunt you down. Or you can stay, and accept responsibility."

The elf before him finally showed a bit of backbone. Drawing a weapon out of his pocket and pointing it at them. "I don't think so." Daed lifted a dark eyebrow.

"First you think you can touch my body without permission, and now this?" His eyes glowed. This elf had a lot to atone for.

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:15 am

"How do I love thee, oh let me count the ways...later." Balthasar laughed as the other gang was truly cornered now. "Who will submit to me and join me? Step to this side of the room now!" He pointed behind him to his own followers who now were drawing out their weapons. His certainty in success causes a ripple of doubt to ring through the other side; each looked at the other, wandering if Balthasar's words were true or if he merely wanted to take their lives once they got closer. The opposing leader who stood there moments ago so boldly with his dagger quakes a little in his boots; his confidence is shaken but such an act.

"We'll be dead either way, especially if he's a liar. I will take my chances." Someone wearing a hood spoke up from the corner, keeping his distance from Poppy. He digs into his pockets and drops his daggers on the ground as a sign of good will and tip toes towards Balthasar's men. His bold action prompts the more cowardly to join him and then the risk takers followed after. Soon enough, it was just the defeated leader and a few of his closest companions standing there.

Balthasar drew his rapier and got into an offensive stance,
"defend this honour you claim to have." He turned to look at Daed slightly, "make sure his men don't join in." The elf could see most of the room but not all of it and surely, that created a blind spot for him in the event that someone was going to play dirty. The elf is fast but Balthasar is faster as he strikes the other in the foot, stabbing his blade right through the boot, bone, and then pinning him to the floorboards. He left an open space for one of the daggers to graze his cheek, causing blood to trickle down the skin.

The elf yells in anger at the pool of blood that forms at his foot and Balthasar pays his wound no mind for now and instead, takes the elf's neck in his hands then shoves him right on the ground, straddling the smaller elf as he was choking him.

"Love, did you want to finish off those that still stood by this idiot so confidently? There's not many but have some fun on my behalf." Poppy grabbed one by the leg and start ripping into him in a shower of blood and gore; tore him apart as he screamed for mercy that Balthasar did not have in this very moment.
Balthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daechir on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:42 am

In truth Daechir felt little love for those who abandoned the man so readily, but he doubted any of them had sworn oath's of loyalty. In this day and age... that kind of honor and loyalty was hard to find, and certainly this man had failed to do anything to earn it. With only a few men remaining at the elf's side Balthasar drew his blade, the ring of metal sounding to Daed like music. It made his heart beat faster just to watch the smooth movements as Balthasar moved forward. A single step and he stabbed the weapon into the other elf's foot. The scent of blood rising up and already the others were moving forward to attack.

Daed had no intention of allowing them to do anything to his Balthasar. His hand caught the first man in the throat, the other pulling the other's arm forward and his whole body off balance. Balthasar might have been able to ignore the cut on his face, but Daed could not help but notice it. The sight starting a cool fire in his stomach.

It was injury added to insult.

Ruthlessly Daechir twisted the man's hand, commanding the shadows at his side to smack another in the face as the man tried to sneak up. Who he meant to attack Daed never knew because he hit the wall hard and did not move again. There was a sharp crack from the wrist of the man he was holding and a scream. In spite of the broken bone the man brought up a leg to kick Daed and the dark-skinned elf twisted his whole body moving and torquing the wrist even further.

The man screamed again and the others, few who remained moved closer in. Daed threw the man in his hands at one of them and smiled at Balthasar.
"I am working on it my Balthasar, but if I wanted to have fun, I would be bleeding the man you are fighting dry for making you bleed." His red eyes flashed but he could not act upon his words. Not with yet another man moving forward to attack.

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:06 am

Unsightly as it was, the blood dripped clear lines down his cheek and made soft pitter patters on the shirt of the elf that he was choking the life out of. "Thank you, Daed." Balthasar said softly but didn't not lift his head up to see the chaos that Daed and Poppy were causing. Loud noises and cracks of bone, yells and screams but still, Balthasar's eye was focused on his prey. Before he could pass out from lack of oxygen, Balthasar let go and slapped him once then again to make sure the other was awake and breathing.

"Should've never played cards with the likes of you. May your children never find an ounce of your wretched existence." Balthasar's mouth opened and out poured fire to first lick at the man's face as he was held in place by the sheer weight of the larger elf over him. He cried in agony at first and then it was gone, ripped from him as his face burned below Balthasar's unblinking and stoic expression. The smell of burning flesh fills the room and after all those that stood defiantly before them were gone, Poppy moved aside for Balthasar's right-hand man to open the door, letting people out and away from the smell. He already began to gather up those that defected in a separate group the moment they left the protection of the little hideout.

"Bind them for now, we'll test their worth later." Balthasar rose to his feet and pulled his rapier from the boot, sheathing it back as he let more fire pour from his mouth to consume the rest of the charring body. "Lets go, Daed. Let this forsaken place burn."

He was always like that after killing someone; his face held a neutral expression and his eye was cold with no remorse. His hand reaches out to take the hand of his lover, something safe for him to hold on to in this life and maybe even the next. "I should like to ask why it is that you follow me...maybe you'd like to tell me as we walk home." His face felt numb, forgetting that his cheek was even cut in the first place.
Balthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daechir on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 am

The smell of flames, of seared flesh rose up in the room. Daed did not question it. He knew quite well Balthasar's abilities. The screaming which came forth from the man that Balthasar had been fighting told him who had earned such a fate. Daed dealt swiftly with the last man moving forward to attack him, knocking him unconscious by slamming the man's head into the floor.

He rose to his feet smoothly, and took the hand that Balthasar offered him. Their fingers intertwined as they always did. Perfectly. Ever since the first time he had touched this man... Balthasar was more than merely his, but was an intrinsic part of himself.

Daechir could not help but lift a hand to touch that injured cheek. Perhaps Balthasar felt no remorse, but in a moment like this looking into that beautiful eye Daed wondered if it was simply because he would not allow himself to. Daed certainly did not, but in some ways he knew himself to be harder than Balthasar was.

He led Balthasar out of the house, smiling at the sight of Noir pacing in the shadows. Subtle enough that even Balthasar's men never caught sight of her. Which was exactly how the panther to be. He smiled just a little once they were outside. Behind them the building was starting to burn merrily and Daed motioned to the men.
"We will meet you later. I want to take Balthasar home for now."

The men nodded, never questioning as Daechir led Balthasar away. Poppy of course followed along. The moment they were outside the sight of other people Noir joined them, playfully bumping up against Poppy. Noir was still a rather young panther, Daed had found her as little more than a kitten, but now she was nearly as large as Poppy was. Eventually of course she would be much larger.

"Do you really wonder why I follow you my Balthasar?" He made a small amused noise.

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 pm

The skin under Daed's finger twitches, his touch reminds Balthasar of the wound on his cheek. It was uncomfortable but he said nothing of it, it would heal in due time and even faster if Daed tended to it later.

He genuinely did not feel remorse because there was none to be had for a man like that. There was a time when he was young and lives taken by his hands weighed on him but not anymore. They were just fleeting, like crushing an insect under his foot, they were insignificant and he could not feel sorry for them getting in his way.

They walked for a little before Balthasar finally found a log and took a seat on it,
"no, not really I suppose. Just a question to fill the deafening silence that rings in my ears." His hand unties from Daed's as he took out his rapier again, wiping off the blood against the blades of grass at his feet. "It didn't have to end like that but he got in my way." There was a huff and Balthasar's shoulders sagged.

Poppy bumped back against Noir as she walked over and took a seat near Balthasar, blood was on her teeth and fur. Quietly, her master withdrew a red cloth and gently wiped at the blood stuck to the wolf's fur.
Balthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daechir on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Daechir nodded. Balthasar stopped to clean his weapon, and Daed stood by, petting Noir as the other elf started cleaning Poppy's fur. There was not much blood on her, and she had been the clear victor in her fight and as far as Daed could tell she had not suffered even a single injury for protecting her master. Unlike Balthasar himself.

His fingers itched to touch the cut, the blood that marked Balthasar's cheek. Noir slid out from under his hand, bumping Balthasar's fingers as she nosed Poppy and resolutely licked the golden wolf's muzzle. Noir enjoyed teasing the wolf nearly without mercy in the way that young felines often did, but occasionally she showed a more mature side. Daed often wondered if Noir saw Poppy as a mother figure considering how young Noir was. The feline was often hard to measure.

Gracefully Daed moved forward, touching Balthasar's cheek gently just below the cut where blood had left tracks on his face. It was dried now, slightly sticky but refusing to be wiped away by his touch so easily.
"Is not the moon drawn to chasing after the sun?" His words were soft and gentle, slightly amused with himself. "I love to watch you my Balthasar. If you could watch me from the shadows as I stalk through the forest would you not do so?"

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 am

His fingers leave Poppy when he sees that Noir could take over, cleaning the wolf better than he could now. They were almost like a parent and child or even an older sister with her younger sibling. Cute they were in a sense but at the toss of a coin, vicious man-eaters that tore through flesh like it was nothing at all.

"Only now and then does the moon and the sun overlap, is that not true?"  Balthasar chuckled, much more like his old self as if he had never killed someone to begin with. Daed had that sort of effect on him, to relax whatever nerves it was that was to tight for his own liking. "I would dare to watch you bathe in rivers and in the darkness, touch your body like soft whispers."  

His hand rose up to feel the cut along his cheek, it was as real as it could ever be. It felt no long numb but painful as his fingers run along it, not too deep but a little past being a surface cut. "We should get it cleaned properly."
Balthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daechir on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 am

Balthasar's words warmed his blood in so many ways. This man always seemed to know what words to say to make him feel loved. He rather liked the idea of Balthasar finding him on some lonely night near a stream. However for the moment he liked even more the idea of taking Balthasar home and patching up his cheek. Daechir made a soft sound as the other elf lifted a finger to touch the injury. He wrapped his fingers around Balthasar's hand pulling it away and kissing the fingers softly. Gently he tugged, pulling Balthasar to his feet.

"Yes, let me take you home. Let me tend your wound." Daed smiled, leaning forward to lick the edge of Balthasar's jaw.

The taste of iron made his smile widen and he led Balthasar into the woods. Night had fallen thickly, but he knew the way well and the darkness did not seem that deep to him. Not with the stars and moon shining brightly above them. He could hear Poppy and Noir behind them. Noir still licking Poppy occasionally until Poppy pushed her off and then they were playing.

It was not that far to the house, Daed led Balthasar inside, stopping long enough to pull the other man's coat off of his shoulders and hang it before leading Balthasar up toward the bathroom where he could clean the injury properly.

Daechir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top