Polemos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question on language

2 posters

Go down

A question on language Empty A question on language

Post by Menel Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Yes u.u Diane asking a question reminded me I had one :"D

I was wondering... I know there is a central language, but is there an option for other languages? Could you have a character with a cultural or species-specific language? Either real (as in exists in this world) or imaginary (such as say the elves having their own language)???

Thanks!!!
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

A question on language Empty Re: A question on language

Post by Aziel Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 am

Well, anyone can make a language tbh. Just look at the Dutch!

A question on language 2633235171_4c4b3dc519.thumb.jpg.60d25d238372d5449815f63ae3d93292

/smacked

For real, though, if you wanted to have your character's clan or family know their own little specific, native language, I certainly won't stop you! However, because all of the species who can talk interact with one another, it's assumed that most, if not all, are taught one main language. Also of note, while we type in English, or Spanish, or whatever you'd like to type in, we do this so it's understandable to us. IC our characters are probably speaking some sort of Polemos language, because England/America/etc. don't exist in Polemos. But if you'd like to have personal rp lore of other tongues, that's perfectly fine by me!

Species specific may have once been something, but as the species branched out and time went by, these were sure to adapt and evolve, so cultural specific languages are more likely, and species specific are probably akin to our Latin/Gaelic/ancient Greek. Basically, not used so much anymore--but that's up to you and your characters. c:  

tl;dr yes! there is a central language but your character is free to know other languages if you'd like. c: Probably not real world languages because like... to have Spanish you probably needed Spain to exist, y'know?

Hope that clears things up for you!
Aziel
Aziel
Admin

https://polemos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A question on language Empty Re: A question on language

Post by Menel Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am

It does thank you!!!
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down