Polemos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D????!?!?!!?!!?

+4
Mogwart
Menel
Nocme
Regazzoni
8 posters

Polemos :: OOC :: Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D&D????!?!?!!?!!? Empty D&D????!?!?!!?!!?

Post by Regazzoni Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:18 pm

some people are aware that I have a bad track record with regards to attendance on forums, and for that I apologize... "uvu
I'd like to try something that might help me out if anyone's interested!

D&D????!?!?!!?!!? Tumblr_nskrj15env1qk24apo1_500

I want to run a Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 (or Pathfinder) campaign on Polemos! I run for two groups of players already, so I'd say my patience is indomitable, and I am familiar enough with the rules that if you have never played either of these games before, I can help you out! Smile Of course, if you're already familiar, I won't mind either, but I want to make this as accessible as I possibly can, just in case. I'd prefer we play pathfinder, but I'm ~flexible~

If you're interested, would you mind posting in this thread? If at least 4 people are, I can write up a little more about what kind of campaign I'd like to play, or help people understand how we'd go about this.

@everyone I'm rping with: I'm working on your replies now!! Crying or Very sad
Regazzoni
Regazzoni

http://napstamedusa.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

D&D????!?!?!!?!!? Empty Re: D&D????!?!?!!?!!?

Post by Nocme Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:16 pm

-quietly raise hand-

never actually played either before thought :'D
Nocme
Nocme
Flame Spirit

http://rolling-into-existence.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I've been a DM for D&D for about the last 5-6 years :3

I'd be happy to do a game now and then. I'd rather do D&D than Pathfinder though. I did recently get a Pathfinder book so I COULD but I like D&D better <3
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogwart Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Hmmm~! So I still have a lot to learn with Pathfinder if we do decide to go with that.
And oh man, it's been months since I touched DnD 3.5 BUT green heart

Either way, I'm game!

T-though I apologize in advance for any potential stupidity on my part as far as character personalities/ design. I'm definitely the kind of player that's fueled more by rp-interactions and puzzles aspect than optimizing my build for battle and rawr-MONSTERS-DESTROY. >u>;;; Could do it, sure. But I like stories more. Tooootally wouldn't be shocked if I somehow get my character killed.
Mogwart
Mogwart

Back to top Go down

Post by Regazzoni Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:42 pm

@Maru
That won't be a problem! Very Happy

@Elm
Make the switch! Do it!!!!

@Xela
If the people who agree to play would like, I'm perfectly fine with playing a more social campaign Smile It might even work better if we play via forum posts!
Regazzoni
Regazzoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogwart Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:22 pm

@ Sébastian) *wave* Really, no worries. I'm fine with battle too. 'Feel I need some of that at least for it to feel like a game. (Besides, epic and/or strange battles? 100% worth it). That's what a lot of people seem to go for anyhow?

Just saying that if I do find wiggle room for a bit of social stuff every now and then, that'd be icing on the cake.
Mogwart
Mogwart

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Lol I'm with you a lot Xela. I just love rping in the D&D you know? Like my characters usually aren't terribly social but I love to get into them XD

If this is something you guys are up for we could do a weekly session via group chat (there's actually a group chat on this forum) or Skype? There's also Dicelog which is great for dice rolling that everyone can see and track.

(ALSO: I WILL BE A D&D 3/3.5 girl FOREVER XD Pathfinder is just an extra that I havn't tried yet lol)
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocme Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:43 pm

If needed there is also this, a friend show me this while trying to teach me to play

https://roll20.net/

It seems to put everything up on a browser so we can play on a common board
It seems to provide pieces and backgrounds if it is needed
Nocme
Nocme
Flame Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Regazzoni Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:05 am

I'm personally a fan of doing it like a group RP on the forum, with an associated dicelog. I'm a little busy recently so I don't know if I could manage getting together for a skype voice-chat session, but if we wanted to do text in a skype group, I would be down!

I'm personally not a fan of roll20.net :S But that might just be because I never learned how to use it
Regazzoni
Regazzoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:49 am

Omgg this site is amazing though ; . ;

All the things you could DO with this amagad

We might be able to set it up as an rp in the forum but... It'd be a lot easier and faster to do it in other ways. Plus like rps/groups D&D tends to die off if you don't do it fairly consistently.

You've been busy, so maybe what you could do is work up a schedule of times you're most available and others can kind of work things around so that everyone's involved at a comfortable level?

(and really if we did it here on the forum purely as an rp, it'd basically either be a member-run event/dungeon/etc rather than really D&D? - which is fun yes but not really the same?)
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skultone Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:52 pm

I am still tentatively willing to jump in on this lol. But I would need to know what day(s) and time if this is a scheduled real time thing. Also I am really REALLY bad with numbers. So I'm gonna need help with stats and the like.
Skultone
Skultone

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:38 pm

I'd be happy to help you with stats <3 I'm terrible with math but I know how to do all the stuff when it comes to D&D

I'll talk to you later about times and days and stuff <3
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogwart Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:47 am

I'd be down with any Skype text-chat/ forum combo? Wouldn't mind learning stuff for roll20.net either.

~_~ But if you'll be DM'ing Sébastian, really I'd say pick a format that you're comfortable enough with, or that you might have fun with. No need to give yourself a headache, you know? It's supposed to be fun and casual~!

Voice chat... LOL! So, I mean... If the majority of the group is interested in that, I'll do it. B-but I apologize in advance, because I really am paranoid about my voice in certain situations. 'Will definitely influence what kind of character I'll chose to work with. *nod* Some types I'm more comfortable rp'ing out loud than others, you know? Writing makes me feel freer.
Mogwart
Mogwart

Back to top Go down

Post by Aziel Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:04 pm

slips in here to say i bet xela's voice is adorable
Aziel
Aziel
Admin

https://polemos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 pm

(I suspect that it is also)

But if everyone is interested in a text or text/chat combination of some kind w/ or w/out the d20 place I think our next step is determining when everyone has time! <3
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Regazzoni Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:46 pm

It might only be Jay that knows this, but I'm not that comfortable in large voice calls. I'd really much rather do something text based, if that's alright with everyone else involved Smile

I think it could be fine to get everyone together in a skype/discord group at a set time, maybe with supplemental materials in a polemos thread or something. I don't have a problem with that!

My best times to play would probably be Wednesday afternoons or Sunday evenings, those are the two times I can think of where I would Definitely Not Be Busy

and, of course, pathfinder would be the easiest for me to run, if elm doesn't mind learning a little bit :3 at least it would be with other newbies!

>:3c
Regazzoni
Regazzoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 am

I don't mind learning something new ;3 Particularly since I have the materials for it. We could have a skype chat for it and do that. See how things go.

After talking with everyone I think Sunday might work best then! Xela said she's available then, and I know Diane is usually a bit available on Sundays. Maru said that she would be available Mondays (which is Sunday in Australia where she is :"D).

I don't remember anyone mentioning any specific times though >.>" I guess base it off of when you are earliest available? And if that's too early for anyone work from there.

Diane usually heads to bed around 10-8PST so we'll definitely want at least 3-4 hours before that. Trust me lol even if you only plan for an hour's worth of stuff it can easily take that long to get through it. Preferably longer if at all possible.

If everyone's amenable we can try to get together next Sunday (not tomorrow but the 27th)!
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Laven Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 pm

I can't actually say that Sunday is a good time for me. Because it is ERRAND day and so sometimes I'm free and sometimes I'm busy. Wednesday would actually work best for me. /sweats. Sorry.
Laven
Laven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogwart Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 pm

;u; *pats Diane*

A text Skype group with supplemental material on the forum works for me. And yeah. Unless it's in the evenings after, er... probably 6:30 my time? I can't promise I'd make anything during business days. Sorry-sorry.

Sunday afternoons/evenings should be a-okay though.
I can also do Friday evenings later than M - Th.
Mogwart
Mogwart

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 pm

*thinks* Diane lives an hour after Xela so that's 5:30ish her time.

That's 3:30 my time, I'm usually running out to grab my kidlet at 3:50. So I'm not really available until after 4?

That also means we'd be doing it at 8-9am Maru's time on Thursdays >.>" If my math is right. Which it might not be.

So. Looking at timezones would everyone be able to do:

7 Xela-time, 6 Diane-time, 4 Elm-time, 8-9 Maru time (Thur) on Wednesdays? Say for 3-4 hours?

and/or:

Would the same approximate time work for you on alternating Sundays (Mon for you Maru)? [ Diane, that late might be okay for you if you get errands done beforehand? And if we do alternating weekends it might be a little less stressful? ]

(Seb to clarify for you, I live in PST)

Sundays work best for me, but I could do either (though if we do Wednesdays I'm at the mercy of the school-bus system which could run late).
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocme Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 pm

I hate timezones :'D

but that sounds fine o wo) b
-hyper excite-
Very Happy
Nocme
Nocme
Flame Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogwart Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:51 pm

I can do either of those, Elm, yeah!
Voting Sunday for personal preference.

[edit] Oh! But... what should I prepare in advance to the meeting, whenever it will be?
Mogwart
Mogwart

Back to top Go down

Post by Regazzoni Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:03 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wow, a lot of math has happened!!
I live in EST (Same as Xela, I think?!)
Wednesday evenings are iffy for me, it would have to be the first and third (and fifth?) wednesday of every month.

Because of reasons.
But either day, 7 EST (4 PST) is good for me! It's unlikely that I could work friday evenings because, as a pusher of pizzas, that is one of the times I am expected to work. Sad

So...
D&D????!?!?!!?!!? Tumblr_o3neb1wVDc1qlhvfoo1_540

I need to ask some Communal Questions before I can set in stone what you really need before next session, but I think it's a safe suggestion to read through some of the pathfinder corebook (did we decide that's what we're playing? ;p ) and ask me or elm any questions you might have! And maybe decide what kind of character you want to play? we'll see~
Regazzoni
Regazzoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Menel Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:34 am

What communal questions do you have?

(Also, while I have 3, 4 edition D&D, 7th Sea, and Call of Cathulu books that I can link for people to upload I don't have the Pathfinder versions :"D I just have a hard copy.)

Thankfully that site that Maru showed us DOES have character sheets for pretty much EVERY kind of system including Pathfinder (I checked)
Menel
Menel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aziel Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:28 am

Regazzoni wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wow, a lot of math has happened!!

i love this
Aziel
Aziel
Admin

https://polemos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Polemos :: OOC :: Games

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum